Meghan Markle wore this very island-y look while on a visit to the University of the South Pacific campus in Suva, where the Duchess gave her first speech of the Royal Tour! The inspiring speech was on the importance of female empowerment and the need for all women to have access to education – you can watch her give the speech and read the transcript here! The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also watched a performance about the effects of climate change and met with students on their visit to the school. Prince Harry was also wearing a festive look for the events that day – a leaf-print button down shirt which was maybe the most casual I’ve ever seen him dressed!
For the occasion, Meghan wore this pretty pink printed number by Figue, a contemporary brand known for their effortless beachy silhouettes… perfect for the destination, don’t you think? I’m loving the multi-color pom poms and tiered ruffle details on this dress. So fun! She paired the look with the Castaner wedge espadrilles you saw her wearing in this look, and a woven clutch… which upon further investigation is actually a file folder she is wearing as a clutch! Kind of ingenious, if you ask me.
Shop the items in the collage below as well as some similar pieces and dupes to get the look for less! Stay tuned for more outfits from Meghan’s first Royal Tour…
SHOP THE POST
- My favorite budget-friendly find for the dress is this $68 midi! So cute!
- This maxi dress is another great floral find like Meghan’s for under $170!
- Contemporary brand Saloni actually has three very similar pieces in the same color scheme here, here and here! They’re still investments, but less than half what the Figue dress costs!
- This hot pink midi is just over $275 and a great party piece with similar vibes.
- Hoping to score her espadrilles for under $100? This pair is pretty much identical.
- The closest match I could find to her clutch was this striped clutch that’s only $30!