TGIF! Considering it’s Friday, here’s a casual Friday look to take you through the weekend in style. Meghan wore this look while attending the Invictus Games with Prince Harry in September 2017. It was Markle’s first public appearance with Prince Harry, after dating just over a year. It’s hard to believe she wore this just last year! A lot has happened since this outing: the engagement, a move across the pond, the end of Suits, the royal wedding, dozens of royal outings and events, Markle family drama, and the list goes on. One of those big changes was also to her wardrobe choices – naturally, as a royal there are certain expectations and dress codes to follow. Going forward it will probably be pretty rare to see the Duchess of Sussex in such a casual ensemble, so let’s celebrate this one, shall we?
This look was totally up my alley. Effortless basics tied together with elegant neutral accessories is my go-to outfit on the regular. Meghan is wearing a Misha Nonoo white shirt (named The Husband Shirt, oddly enough), Mother jeans, Sarah Flint ballet flats, and a surprisingly more budget-friendly tote from Everlane. She topped off the look with these chic Finlay & Co sunglasses. I just love this whole outfit! Below are some less expensive alternatives to what she’s wearing.
SHOP THE POST
- These skinny jeans are very similar to Meghan’s, but on sale for only $40!!
- Love the more mom jean look of these skinny jeans too. Under $100!
- Obsessed with the oversized fit of this oxford shirt – and the $69 price tag can’t be beat.
- This Madewell shirt is another good button-down to check out.
- These Sam Edelman flats in saddle leather would be such a cute work-to-weekend and travel staple! Under $100.
- If you prefer a pointed toe flat like Meghan is wearing, don’t miss this pair under $50!
- This faux leather tote is under $50 and a cute alternative to the Everlane style she’s wearing!
- These $58 sunglasses are a great dupe of the Finlay & Co shades she’s wearing!