How is everyone enjoying the royal tour so far?! I’m loving all of the sweet PDA between the couple and style moments from Meghan, myself. For her first few engagements in Melbourne, Meghan opted for yet another Australian designer – this time, Dion Lee. I’ve been a fan of his pieces for awhile and have long coveted them on shopping sites like NET-A-PORTER, Shopbop and more. His looks have been more on the edgy side lately, so I was a little surprised to discover he was the designer behind this sophisticated navy number! The cascading hem is very reminiscent of the Roland Mouret dresses she’s worn in the past, especially like the navy one she wore the day before her wedding to Prince Harry. There’s no doubt this color looks good on her, as does the uneven hem showing off her skinny stems!
This particular dress is from Dion Lee’s Spring 2019 collection, and is available for pre-order here! It’s another gorgeous piece that can easily transition from day to night with just a change of accessories. I love her monochromatic choice of going with matching navy suede pumps by Manolo Blahnik, as well as the fashion-forward touch of adding this mini Sylvie bag from Gucci. A coordinated, sophisticated look that is appropriate for ladies of all ages! She also threw on this Martin Grant trench you saw here when she wore it on her first day in Sydney.
Prince Harry and Meghan started their day in Melbourne at the Royal Botanical Gardens greeting well-wishers, and then on to a reception held by the Governer of Victoria. After that they had lunch, followed by a visit to Albert Park Primary School and South Melbourne Beach (photos of which are in the next post!). I’m exhausted just thinking about that schedule!! Just another busy day in the life of the royal tour, I suppose!
While the dress is very unique, I was able to find a lot of gorgeous navy midi dresses for you to get the look on any kind of budget. Her shoes were super easy to copy too! Shop my favorites of what I found below, and stay tuned for more photos and outfits from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their Royal Tour!
SHOP THE POST
- As I mentioned above, Meghan’s exact dress is available for pre-order here!
- If you want a similar dress to Meghan’s and don’t want to wait, try this style. Super pricey, but stunning. Love the more streamlined neckline too.
- My favorite dupes of her navy dress are this style (under $120!) and this style (under $100!).
- A few other similar dupes under $100 include this, this, this and this.
- Markle’s shoes are also still available in every size here and here! Such a classic, year-round silhouette.
- Get lookalikes to her shoes with this pair (under $100!) or this pair (under $120!).
- The Duchess’ Gucci bag is also still available! So exciting! It comes with an optional crossbody strap if you don’t want to wear it as a clutch.
- There aren’t really any dupes out there for her bag (and I’m not a big fan of fakes)… but check out this, this and this for similar-sized white bags!