Right before I launched Sussex Style Watch, I actually received a request to cover this look by a reader on my other site, The Style Scribe! Meghan wore this structure peplum Oscar de la Renta blouse to the Coach Core Awards at Loughborough University in September. This top caused quite a stir, mostly because it’s a big shift from the very fitted things she normally wears. I suspected it was for hiding something… and of course, my prediction that it was covering a growing baby bump was right! You can see the quality craftsmanship just by eyeing the elegant draping in the peplum. I love how it has a waterfall effect that extends down to her knee on one side – I feel like that would be super flattering on someone with hips (aka, me!).
She paired this beautiful navy blue top with the Altuzzara bootcut pants you’ve seen her wear before at the WellChild Awards (also in September), as well has a solid pair of black suede pumps. Meghan definitely favors a pointy-toe style pump, which I also prefer – it provides an elongating effect for your legs and just looks sharp… for lack of a better word. While it’s easy to link to similar, less-expensive options for the pants and shoes, the top is a little tricky! It’s so unique, but I did manage to find several navy peplum tops that come close. Unfortunately none of the budget-friendly tops have the waterfall detail that makes the Oscar de la Renta top special, but you can’t win ’em all!
SHOP THE POST
- This Roland Mouret top is a big splurge, but it’s such an elegant piece!
- This Oscar de la Renta top is a totally different neckline, sleevelength and print, but it DOES have the same peplum and waterfall look as Meghan’s top!
- This similar designer top is on sale for under $300!
- Love this blouse too, also under $300.
- This blouse is a good dupe for under $90!
- These bootcut pants are under $50 and a sleek everyday style for the office.
- Get her black suede pumps for less with this pair!